Skip to main content
315 E. 5th Street, STE 202, Waterloo, IA 50703 | (515) 661-5509
by Iowa Registered Agent LLC

Certificate of Authority – Iowa LLC

Foreign Iowa Limited Liability Company

If you run an LLC based outside of the state of Iowa and you want to do business in Iowa, you will need to register your LLC as a foreign Iowa LLC. Once your paperwork is filed, the State returns a filed certificate of authority from the Iowa Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

We can register your out of state Iowa LLC for the state filing fee plus $100.

OR, you can do the filing yourself, and just hire us as your registered agent in Iowa. All Foreign Iowa LLCs will need a registered agent. We offer this service for $49 a year.

Once you sign up for Iowa registered agent service, you will be logged into your online account where you’ll find the Iowa foreign LLC form you submit to the Corporations Division of the Iowa Secretary of State.

After looking at the forms we provide in your online account, if you do not want to actually do the filing yourself, you can find and click on the add services tab in your online account, and let us submit your filing for you for the state filing fees plus $100. As part of that service, we will also locate the proper documents from your LLCs home state that are needed to register you correctly with the State of Iowa.